SAFETY4SEA is pleased to announce the distinguished shortlisted nominees for the SMART4SEA-EUROPORT Awards, following an online nomination process, initiated a few months ahead of leading international exhibition that will take place in Rotterdam, November 7-10, 2023.
SMART4SEA – EUROPORT Awards ceremony is due on 8th November to honor organizations that have contributed towards Smart Shipping, Cyber Security, E-Navigation, Technology and Autonomous Shipping. The online voting process has started at https://europort.safety4sea.com/smart4sea-europort-awards/ where participants can cast their votes online up to 15th of September, 2023. The winners will be the ones attracted the most online votes and the results will be announced at the following dates:
Nominations shortlisted for the 2023 SMART4SEA – EUROPORT Awards include the following organisations per category:
Smart Shipping Award
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of Smart Shipping
- Danelec Marine has been nominated for its Kyma SHaPoLi, a simple to install, powerful solution that ensures 100% of a vessel’s engine power is accessible, while providing recording for reporting as part of EEXI.
- Datum Electronics Ltd has been nominated for its Datum SHaPoLi Solution providing the necessary features and functionality to comply with the MARPOL Annex VI, MEPS.335(76) regulations.
- Kongsberg Maritime has been nominated for its SHaPoLi which is fully supported by the AutoChief 600 remote propulsion control system, where shaft power and torque are measured by the MetaPower Quad solution and used as inputs to regulate power.
- METIS Cyberspace Technology S.A. has been nominated for its METIS SHaPoLi solution that helps operators to meet the ship’s required EEXI while ensuring that 100% of a vessel’s engine power is available if needed.
- VAF Instruments B.V. has been nominated for its VAF SHaPoLi Solution that consists of shaft power/torque meter to monitor shaft power, data collection box (SDB-3) and bridge panel for data visualization and crew interfacing (SBP-3).
Cyber Security Award
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of Cyber Security in shipping
- Bureau Veritas has been nominated for supporting maritime organization in managing cyber risks in a holistic way and demonstrating compliance with relevant standards and emerging regulations.
- CyberOwl has been nominated for its Medulla, a maritime cyber risk monitoring solution that helps fleet operators know what they have onboard, keep it secure and prove they have secured it.
- CYDOME has been nominated for offering a wide range of advanced cybersecurity solutions designed to fend off maritime cybercrime onboard and offshore.
- Marlink has been nominated for unveiling the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) cyber solution which offers additional functionality and features.
- Varuna Marine Services B.V. has been nominated for its innovative cyber security solutions and its dedication to compliance, education and awareness to enhance industry’s cyber hygiene.
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of e-navigation in shipping
- Alphatron Marine/JRC has been nominated for its integrated bridge solutions, that bring quality and innovation to users, operators and shipyards, supporting the future of ship and land communication and e- navigation.
- DTN has been nominated for its Vessel Routing API that offers end users capability to generate berth to berth, safe, navigable and weather optimized routes by calling an API endpoint.
- Radio Holland Group B.V. has been nominated for its Radio Holland E-Navigation solution that features a voyage planner application, digital library for technical alerts and electronic logbook.
- UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) has been nominated for its decision to withdraw from global paper chart production by late 2026 to increase focus on its digital navigation products and services.
- VSTEP Simulation has been nominated for leading the way to simulation and virtual solutions, introducing also the first Inland Navigation Center built in accordance with CESNI requirements.
To be awarded to an organization that provided a milestone technological achievement in any aspect of smart shipping
- BASSnet has been nominated for its BASSnet Suite which is a complete, end-to-end system to simplify maritime processes offering comprehensive features, mobile apps, add-ons & useful tools.
- CLIIN Robotics has been nominated for its Tank Cleaning Robot which achieves a high standard of cleaning with faster turnaround, no scaffolding, and reduced manpower and wastewater.
- ORCA AI has been nominated for the Orca AI’s SeaPod which is a fully automated navigational assistant that improves situational awareness, minimizes workload and fatigue and reduces human error with automation.
- PinPoint Tracking ApS has been nominated for offering independent tracking and IoT devices with intelligent sensor alerts & position verifications, through direct 2-way satellite communication.
- Vera Navis Ship Design has been nominated for providing a broad scope of engineering & consultancy services in the marine, energy, and offshore markets using advanced technologies.
Autonomous Shipping Award
To be awarded to an organization that provided a significant achievement, breakthrough or contribution in any aspect of autonomous shipping
- H2O Drones BV has been nominated for advancing underwater inspections with the use of drones and robots, developing new standards, and making these inspections safer, cheaper, and more accessible.
- Kongsberg Maritime has been nominated for involving in a number of major development projects within autonomous shipping while holding several contracts for delivery of complete autonomous ship solutions.
- Netherlands Maritime Technology has been nominated for supporting autonomous shipping, being part of a Dutch Joint Industry Project on Autonomous Shipping that studies the requirements for safe e- navigation.
- Sea Machines Robotics has been nominated for its SM300 autonomy system which provides to marine operators an array of autonomous and captain-assistance capabilities.
- Seadronix has been nominated for its AI Ship Autonomous Navigation Technology that can detect and classify surface, from small buoys to the largest ships.
After their successful partnership in 2019, SAFETY4SEA & Europort have – once again this year – joined forces to present a total of 15 Awards at special events during the exhibition days.
SAFETY4SEA is Fostering Sustainable Shipping for more than 14 years, hosting the leading safety4sea.com, (200k visitors monthly) producing monthly magazines & tailored publications (100k p.a. circ. onboard & ashore) & Industry Surveys along with e-mail, video & social media, delivering SAFETY4SEA, GREEN4SEA, SMART4SEA, CAREER4SEA & Crew Welfare Week Forums & Awards globally.
Europort, organized in the world port city of Rotterdam, is the international maritime meeting place for innovative technology and complex shipbuilding. Europort has a strong focus on ‘high-tech’ ships such as dredging vessels, naval vessels, workboats, inland navigation vessels, offshore support vessels and super yachts. With 25,000 professional visitors and over 1,00 exhibiting companies Europort belongs to the world’s largest maritime meeting & knowledge sharing B2B platforms. In the past decades, Europort has grown into one of the world’s largest maritime B2B knowledge and meeting places. In 2023, Europort will celebrate its 41st edition.