Issuance of E-Visa
Monday, December 7, 2020, Indonesia
Andhika GAC Indonesia have advised that they cannot submit documents for E-Visa issuance on the following dates:
– 9 December: National public holiday (regional elections)
– 12/13 December: Weekend
– 19/20 December: Weekend
– 24/25 December: National public holidays for Christmas
– 26/27 December: Weekend
Any foreign crew joining a vessel or visitor must hold Visa index B211A. According to the latest information, the joiner does not need to go to the Indonesian Embassy to apply for visa during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Andhika GAC (AGAC) will apply for an E-visa index B211A (Visit Visa) on the online immigration system. The joiner will then be able to fly directly by showing the PCR test result and producing the E-visa index B211A.
With the new E-visa regulations, and as the system is still under trial, all required documents must be submitted for the online application. If everything is in order, the E-visa will be sent, otherwise, a Telex visa will be issued, and it must be collected from the relevant Indonesian embassies.
Documents required for the application of Telex / E-visa index B211A are as follows:
- Clear copy of passport (front page only showing the details) and the passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months.
- Scanned cover of passport (only need one sample for each nationality).
- Flight details (temporary details are OK)/E-ticket.
- Name of the city (location of the Indonesian Embassy) where the crew will apply for visa 211.
- Health Certificate (free from COVID-19).
- Statement letter of willingness to be quarantined/receive medical treatment at their own expense or the Guarantor’s.
- Statement letter of willingness to be monitored for health during the quarantine period.
- Proof of ownership of health insurance / travel insurance, and / or a statement letter stating willingness to pay independently if affected by COVID-19 while in Indonesia.
- Rapid Test is needed for E-visa application by Applicant at Immigration Checkpoint in Jakarta. PCR test is compulsory for travelers from abroad entering Indonesia, as required by the airlines.
The process to obtain E-visa index B211A will take 3-5 days. Express visa can be applied for upon request for an extra cost. Cancellation fee 100% per passport applicable upon arranged LOI and telex / E-Visa index B211A.
Crew sign off is possible as far as the crew in good health, hold health certificate, hold PCR test and Rapid test result, Passport validity not less than 6 months and have available flight.
For information about operations in Indonesia, contact PT Andhika GAC at [email protected]
Terminal closed due strong winds
Monday, December 7, 2020, Buckeye Bahamas Hub, Bahamas
Due to unfavourable winds (SSE @ 15-20 knots) and seas (2-3 feet and worsening), the port status of Buckeye Bahamas Hub terminal was downgraded to CLOSED at 0112 hours local time today (7 December).
Berthing and operations at all outer jetties has been suspended but inner berths are still available for operations.
(For information about operation in the Bahamas, contact the GAC Houston Hub Agency Center at [email protected])
Source: Elnet Maritime – GAC agent
Internet down, GAC service impacted
Monday, December 7, 2020, Trinidad
Internet is down on the island of Trinidad, with the main underground fibre optic line running from the USA affected. As a result, most service providers connections are offline. Data services via mobile devices are also affected.
GAC Trinidad & Tobago are trying to manage communications with the little services still available. However, some level of delays can be expected until all have been restored.
During this time, please communicate with GAC Trinidad & Tobago via the main domain [email protected]